Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Allie M. Materials

Today, I am writing about materials used in my designs.  I am now a big fan of found objects.  I love to look for all things tiny.  Anything that can be added to my tiny charms such as: birds, ribbons, and nature accents.

Currently, my newest charms I have made into sterling, bronze, and brass. 

Tiny stamped initial charms: Available in sterling, brass, and bronze.
WHen I started working in metals over 6 years ago I loved working with silver.  Since, that time I have learned to work with other metals.  (note: that the price of sterling has risen)  I don't believe that my customers mind the change.  Often, if someone prefers a certain metal I try to make it workable.  I love to mix metals.  I think that it brings a great deal of vesatility to what other accessories one wears. 

Let me know what you think of versatility of materials.  Are you interested in certain colors?  Is sterling so important? 

No comments:

Post a Comment